US Wellness

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Post Vacation Update

Hey blog fans its been a busy few days since I updated last.  I do have some cool things to share with you, though! 

  • I started kickboxing.  I was complaining to Mark about not really working hard in a workout (especially with Zumba) and that I was missing some intense cardio.  As I'm sure I mentioned in previous posts, I've lost around 15 lbs and I've been able to maintain that with just a little bit of flux.  (Whoo freakin' hoo!)  I know that I've lost muscle since I quit OLY lifting temporarily, but I'm sure I can get that back quickly.  My only real complain is that I'm still packing a little layer of fat on my hips and thighs and I. want. it. gone.  I think for now, without Crossfit, blasting it with cardio is the way to go.  Enter kickboxing.  Mark does this weekly and I've never really been very interested.  He mentioned me trying it and I actually liked it.  It was tough and a definite workout, but its fun.  I've been twice now and Mark has only sustained one injury from me so far. ;) 
  • Mark and I took an impromptu vacation to Savannah, Ga and Hilton Head, SC, over the last weekend.  Oddly enough, it was my first time being in the Atlantic Ocean.  The beach at Tybee Island was relaxing and I got to shop at a really a huge outlet mall. Overall, I think a weekend away was much needed and I'm glad Mark set up the trip for us!
  • I weighed myself last night and I was 142.8 - which I was VERY happy about.  I've been cheating and eating carbs left and right.  I had 2 days last week where I stuffed myself with pizza, had airport food, ice cream, crab cakes, and a gyro.  All this and I'm still 142?  I'll take it.  It's back to eating paleo, now.  It just feels better to eat that way, even though crap food tastes good.   
  • On a similiar topic, none of my pants fit.  This is a good thing, however, I hate the thought of having to buy all new pants.  I DREAD shopping for pants.  I have the weirdest body shape.  I'm tall, but I don't have extremely long legs so my inseam is inbetween regular and long.  I'm very skinny around the waist, but I have a bigger butt and thighs so trying to accomodate all of that sucks.  I have an extremely long torso so low waisted jeans are not flattering on me and that's all they make now it seems.  I don't like funny washes or details on jeans.  I just want a plain dark wash.  I have discovered that this is impossible to find!!  Of all brands, I found that Jessica Simpson jeans at Macy's were close to what I needed, but not perfect.  They were only $60 though, so they were sufficient for now.  I am totally open to suggestions. 
  • One of my very best friends is moving back to Chicago.  I cannot wait.  I have been without an old (affectionately old) girlfriend here in the city for a loooooong time.  I miss girl stuff.  Don't get me wrong I like my sports and tomboy stuff, but I need elevated levels of estrogen.

No comments:

Post a Comment