US Wellness

Monday, February 18, 2013

Big Post

"I love people that make me laugh.  I honestly think its the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."   - Audrey Hepburn


Today I woke up and I was thinking back on my weekend.  It wasn't a particularly special weekend, no parties, no holidays, or etc.  It was just a few days filled with people I really enjoy being around and for who I'm grateful to have in my life.  For those of you who don't know me as well, my friendships are some of my most prized possessions.  I really try my best to take care of those relationships and to frequently let people know how much they mean to me.  I have the best friends that anyone could ever ask for, be it long-term people or people I just met.  I'm so lucky.  

This past weekend just makes me thankful that I have the ability to do whatever I want and to be with people who make me laugh.  (See tie in to quote above!)  I live in a city that has endless opportunities and I can't imagine myself anywhere else at this point in time.  I feel like I'm on the brink of something big sometimes...and maybe things had to fall apart a little for them to start falling back together.  Either way, I couldn't be more excited.  :) 

So I was thinking about doing an update of progress since I started back at the gym a little over a month ago.  I know I've been on repeat about how frustrating my decline so I will try to refrain from adding that comment next to everything I post. :)  

I would love to say that I jumped 20 lbs on all my lifts or that I was so close to where I was before but that's not the case.  However, this situation is so different then at WCCF.  I'm by myself 99.9% of the time and its only then you realize how much you miss the people that you had around you before and especially your lifting partner in crime (Shoutout K2!).  Looking at a month's worth of videos it looks like I had to start over with myself and then re-train myself to do everything correctly.  It's hard, especially for someone who relied so much on someone else to do that for her.  I guess, if anything, I should be really proud of last month from a completely non-numerical standpoint.  

So for the lifts:

  • Snatch:  I started again really, really light and worked on form.  Honestly, it's like I joke to say I was around 20 lbs.  I would say that currently I'm right about 40 lbs.  
  • Clean and Jerk:  I started the month around 25 lbs to be conservative and I had successfully C&J'd 57 lbs.  
  • OHS:  My first attempts were around 30 lbs and I maxed a couple weeks ago with 50 lbs.
  • Front Squat:  Beginning of the month was about 50 lbs and I can do 75lbs now.  
  • Deadlift:  I'm not sure where I was with this before, but I did about 110 this month so we can only go up from here. I want to say my original max was around 160? 170? 
Well...not so bad huh?  I guess I should go ahead and say that I put 20 lbs on all my lifts.  This makes me so excited for this month!!  :)

As I blogged about last time for yoga, I can tell I'm stronger.  

Paleo was a rocky road so far.  What can I say....I'm not perfect and I'm not a machine.  It's like a matter now of putting that delayed reinforcer of looking good for summer (yeah, yeah and being healthy) into perspective.  I really want those things and I know they're do-able.  Now to keep it in mind the next time a cheat shows up!!  :)

My weight stayed right about the same.  I hovered around 132.  I'm not sure what to expect from this now.  Will I continue to lose?? What will happen as I'm putting on muscle??  I guess we'll find out.  So this may not be an accurate barometer of progress anymore as weight loss should really taper off.  Let's be honest here...who really wants to see me be under 130 lbs?  I sure as hell don't.  :)

The Sharp Attack and I are feeling pretty settled in here now and happy. :)  Here's a picture because I am shameless cat mom who wants to show off her baby!! So cute! Have you also noticed that I got this cat and then the Hawks just never lose?  Coincidence?? ;)
As promised, some decorating pictures to come soon and some more outfits of the day to please my most avid readers. :)  

I'll throw a gym update in here from tonight, too, when I get home so check back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment