US Wellness

Friday, February 1, 2013

Paleo - Day 1

Honestly, who starts doing diet and lifestyle changes on a Friday....a specially the Friday before SuperBowl Sunday???  Me.  I'm gonna throw it out there that should I blackout on Sunday evening for a few hours I should not be held accountable for any buffalo chicken dip I may eat.  Let's hope that doesn't happen, but just. in. case. it does Monday is a new day. ;)  

So, here were my measurements for 2/1/13.  I didn't bother to go back and find the old post with last year's measurements....they're so 2012.  :)  If you want to look it up then you're free to, but just know that I lost a bunch of weight and inches.  

This morning I weighed exactly 133 lbs when I woke up.

Arms:

  • Right bicep, relaxed:  10"
  • Left bicep, relaxed: 9.75"
Waist:
  • @ smallest point: 26.5"
  • @ belly button: 28.5"
Thighs/Hips:
  • Right thigh, relaxed: 21.5"
  • Left thigh, relaxed: 22"
  • Hips: 38"
Waist to Hip Ratio:  .70

I've been back in the gym regularly since 1/7/13, so I'm going to continue my routine of lifting and then trying to do yoga as some active rest on my off days.  I think I might start bringing my gloves with me to the gym and doing a little kickboxing on my own.  I am really missing that and I don't want to totally lose my skills.  

As far as food goes for today, I have had 2 bananas and I finished off the roast/veggies that I made earlier in the week.  I skipped Starbucks today (yay willpower!) and for dinner I had some left over chicken stirfry and some baked butternut squash with cinnamon.  

Over the past year I've become a big fan of reading other people's blogs....no surprise there.  I want to see what other people are doing and I clearly want to make sure my blog is the best. .....just kidding.....kinda ;)  Anyways, some of my favorite blogs are doing "Outfits of the Day" which I realize has absolutely nothing to do with paleo + health......or does it?  Stretch your thinking for a second and come on this journey into my mind where wearing cute clothes and feeling good about the way things look are a direct result of my lifestyle changes.  You following me?  Okay, good.  I think this is the perfect way to 1) show off feeling confident about the way I look and 2) to put to use all the outfit ideas that I pin on Pinterest.  #addictedmuch? #pinningcouldbemyfulltimejob  :)   So, here's today's outfit:  

Details:  These jeans are from H&M and I got them over 5 years ago, but I couldn't wear them for probably 4 of those 5 years because they didn't fit.  They're a little big now!;  navy top is from Express; Sweater was a Target find a few years ago, and my shoes (which I love) are tan suede Steve Madden booties.

No comments:

Post a Comment