This morning, for instance, I needed to get up and get moving to the gym because I had a very busy day planned. I hadn't obeyed the 10:30/11:00 pm rule the night before and I was reaaaaaallly looking/feeling rough this morning at 7. I went to the gym and ran home to get in the shower. So.....show of hands....(seriously, do it) .....how many of you have ever had a "shower beer?" You know, the beer you have when you're getting ready because you don't want to waste that precious time that you could be pre-gaming? This morning I had a "shower coffee." You know...the coffee you have when you're getting ready because if you don't have caffeine you might fall asleep standing up? I have stooped to a new lows. :)
The gym was rough this morning. My body was tired and lethargic. I'd like to forget that today ever happened, except the fact that I went.
Here's the workout:
Snatch: 5 x 2 @ 85% of 1RM
- I warmed up sufficiently and had zero pain. Yay!
- I did my sets at 37 lbs. I * really * wanted to go to 42, but I also didn't want to chance re-injuring myself. After last week's mental breakdown I needed to work on my confidence, too.
- Here's a video from a different angle this time:
Front Squat: 4 x 3 @ 80% of FS1RM
- I did my first set at 60 lbs and then moved to 70 for the final 3.
- It was apparent that I was soooo tired during this. I was sluggish.
- The bright spot is that last week when I was doing these I stopped between each rep and today I would knock out all 3, even if they weren't the prettiest. Progress, at least.
RDL's: 4 x 5 @ 80% of CJ1RM
- 1 set @ 75 lbs
- 4 sets @ 70 lbs
Okay...and let's move on to the exciting part....my outfit! ;)
Black tissue tee from The Limited, Black blazer from NY&C, dark jeans from Express, Tory Burch flats (Thanks, mom!) and a turquoise statement necklace that I think came from Tar-jay a couple summers ago.