US Wellness

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dressing Room Disasters

For those of you who follow me on Pinterest you'll notice that I am obsessed lately with one thing.....mint colored jeans.  Jeans are a purchase that I hate to make.  In fact, I even have an entire post in the archives here about how much it stresses me out. Shopping for these jeans amplifies the drama because I don't want to spend a fortune on them as they're a trendy thing, but the cheaply made pairs are a joke in terms of cut and fit. No joke - if they fit me in the legs then a family of 4 can usually fit inside the waistband gap!

Traveling for work now means that I'm frequently passing by Old Orchard.  I can already tell that this is going to be a problem, especially when its nice out.  (It's an out door mall with every store you could ever think of.)  On the way home from work yesterday I decided that it was time to find these jeans that I have been dreaming of for a while now.  How hard can this be?  Right?  I didn't even expect to spend an hour ....or 2....or 3.... but 4 hours, 1 venti chai latte, and 15 pairs of jeans in the "no fucking way" pile later I found a pair that I liked.  Of course, I will rock them soon and share a pic.

I think that shopping for jeans is particularly traumatic because I start thinking that my body is way out of proportion, which in fact is not true.  It leaves one to believe that having a butt and thighs is a crime because jeans are not cut to accommodate you.  Honestly, who's legs look like sticks?!  Apologies to anyone that reads this who does...but you need to squat more! :)  Just sayin'!!

The other thing I haven't figure out is why not make the lighting in the dressing rooms favorable for trying on clothes?  Soften that shit up people!  I don't want my constant inner monologue to consist of...."Ugh...not a good angle" ...."OOOh....that's even worse!"  Don't worry, I treated myself to additional retail therapy in form of candles to get over the psychological damages.  ;)

As you might expect, I didn't work out this weekend.  I intended to, but then I had a 4:30 am night and a 6:00 am night.  Good bye weekend productivity and motivation!!  Honestly though, I wouldn't trade sleep for laughs and good times any day of the week so it's all worth it in the end.  I am reminded of how incredibly lucky I am to be living this life.  Good times and good people.

Food and drink choices were pretty good over the weekend.  All paleo except for some bread and feta cheese I had on Friday night.

I'm going to start incorporating some running into workouts this week.  Not every day because I'm not really too stressed about running a 5k, but I want to make sure its smooth and effortless come 4/27.....and my partner in crime started running this last week so I have to keep up! ;)

....and now for the outfits.

I went out Friday, but forgot to take a picture before I left.  I donned the leather pants again and a silver/grey  lightweight tee from the Limited and a black sweater.  Cute stuff!! :)  Here's from last night:  green sweatshirt from Zara, grey tank from Target, jeans from H & M, and brown boots....and yes, no need to rub your eyes and check again....I curled my hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment