US Wellness

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Crab Cakes

I think that I am the self-proclaimed expert on crab cakes in the city of Chicago.  After several missions to find the very best ones I can, with confidence, reveal my results this far:

  1. Coobah's - Crab Cakes Eggs Benedict
  2. Joe's Stone Crab House - Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
  3. Glen's Diner - Crab Cakes
  4. Marmalade - Crab Cakes Eggs Benedict
  5. Whole Foods Crab Cakes (I made myself)
  6. Ann Sather's  - Crab Cakes Eggs Benedict  
Clearly my research will not stop here, but I've been working hard to try to cover this topic for you guys. :)  As you can guess, I had some crab cakes tonight at Joe's.  I'm not sure they were 100% paleo, but they weren't breaded so I didn't think they were that bad.  I also had a salad and a couple glasses of wine.  Earlier in the day I finished off the rest of the baked butternut squash and I also had an apple.  Also for the sake of full disclosure, I cheated tonight and had a few bites of Mike's dessert.  Oh well.  I know that Monday will end up being the OFFICIAL, official first day anyways. :)

Today was a rest day due to my schedule.  I'm going to do yoga tomorrow morning and then I have a few errands to run before heading over to a Superbowl party.  My back has been a little sore the past couple days so another day without lifting will probably be good for me.  #mybodyisold

Strangely enough I weighed 130.4 today.....I'm not sure what made me weigh myself, but I thought that was interesting b/c I was 133 yesterday.

I am going to post a couple of links that I found interesting:



and finally my outfit....

Black tank from Target, white button up dress shirt from CK outlet, black blazer from NY&C, black leggings which I am obsessed with from Lululemon, and black CorsoComo boots.  I must also mention, although you can't see it too well, my necklace is a Meshu that my BFF had made for me.  I'm in love with it!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment