Let's recalculate my snatch math: I finished the month thinking I was doing around 37-40 lbs when really I was doing 52 lbs! That seriously made my day and for sure my week! :) So last week when I mentally was having trouble with what I thought was 42 lbs....it was really 57 lbs and that's like 15 lbs off my 1RM of ever. MIND BLOWN! :)
I went to the gym tonight after I got home from work and it worked out well that Clerky and Maggie were there. It was awesome to see them to to lift with them. I was happy, too, that they thought my lifts looked good!! I must be doing okay by myself...even though its not my favorite!
- Hang Snatch 5x2 @ 65% of 1RM
- I warmed up with 22, 32, and then did the 5 sets with 42 lbs. Honestly, no further comments.....I am just so excited!!
- Hang Clean & Jerk 5x2 @ 65% of 1RM
- Sets were completed with 44 lbs, which is 65% of 57 lbs (my known max for now)
- These were easy and I had no trouble knocking them out quickly. The cleans even felt good and I felt like I was making the bar travel straight up - instead of chasing it outward sometimes like I do. :)
- Prowler - another couple was using this so I didn't get a chance to.
- Sit ups - I will take care of here at home 4 x 15 reps
I'm not sure what I'll be able to squeeze in tomorrow workout wise. I would like to do yoga, but someone hit my car today so I have to get a couple estimates for the damage which will take up most of my morning. Perhaps tomorrow is a rest day? or....I will dance enough tomorrow night to count it as a workout. I'm kinda hoping that's the case. I love to dance and I never get the chance very often to do it. Very excited!
Alright, here's an outfit of the day pic. I worked this afternoon so you'll probably notice its less trendy and more work appropriate. Don't look at my hair. I am hatin' on my bangs big time.
Dress pants from Express, off white button down from the CK Outlet, CK jean jacket that I may have gotten from Marshall's a few years back, and my gray Steve Madden suede booties (love!)