US Wellness

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

This post brought to you by the letters W, T, and F!

If you're a girl and you're reading this then I know that you will understand the idea of monthly weight fluctuation.  Honestly I can say that these past few months have seen the least amount of variance than I have in my most of my life.  I have hung consistently between about 130 (my lowest before Christmas) and my "highest" of 135(which isn't high at all).  I hadn't really stressed over weighing myself because I've been eating well and going to the gym regularly.

On Monday morning I decided to weigh myself and when I stepped on I was 140.  140?! WTF?!  Yeah, I know I didn't eat paleo on Saturday, but c'mon really?!  I started freaking out.  I assumed my pj's had to weigh at least 5 lbs.  I took them off.  1 lb.  Fuck.  I frantically sent my friend, Kelly, a message because I know that she will - in the nicest way possible - tell me to quite being a psycho about it.  She'll list all the possible reasons and my anxiety balloon will start to deflate.  So after that happened (Thanks, Kell!) I was thinking about what was really plausible: 1)  Water weight or other fluid retention from drinking over the weekend, 2) hormones, and/or 3) muscle? Perhaps it's a combination of all 3 because there's no way in hell at between the last time I weighed myself ....maybe 1.5 weeks ago...and Monday....I ate 5,000 extra calories each day and did the minimum amount of expenditure.  Rationally, I know this, but it doesn't stop me from not scrutinizing everything I'm eating and drinking.

I've already been doing paleo life, as I'll call it, for the past month or so....I'm not eating any carbs that I can't help....I'm not drinking soda...and I've basically been cooking all my meals and not eating out.  It's just really frustrating that things can go up and down like that and it seems like I don't have a lot of control over it.  Hopefully in a few days things are back to normal and I can stop stressing.

You would think that I would have been going to the gym for 15 hours a day after Monday morning, but my motivation kinda tanked, instead.  I skipped Monday night and then yesterday morning, but I talked myself into going to run last night.  I did approximately 2 miles at a lighter pace (6.0 average), but on a 4 incline.  I'm surprised at how effortless this distance has become - especially for someone who doesn't really like to run.  After I was finished Josh texted me that he ran 3 8:40 miles....WTF?!  Now, I've got to try to run that here in the next couple of days to stay on track with him.  As much as it seems like I'm protesting, I really don't feel that way under the surface....I'm excited for the challenge of doing it.....and for us pushing each other to train for this thing.  :)

I have for a little bit this afternoon and then I'm going to go to the gym after that.  I'm going to lift today so I'll update about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment