What did I want to do in February? A little cut and paste job from a month ago:
So, to get there I need goals for
1) Weigh under
2) Get my guy-style
3) Add at least 10 lbs to
all of my lifts
4) Do Fran again in
under 7 mins with 40lb thrusters and a smaller band than before
5) Do Zumba & Yoga on Sundays
How did I do?
1) CHECK! I'm 142.4 today. I was 143.8 yesterday, but I'm back down today so I'm going to consider this met.
2) CHECK! I accomplished this right before I went to China. I can't string a bunch of them in a row yet, but that's ok! Now to refine them and work on doing more.
3) CHECK! I put more than 10 lbs on my snatch, OHS, press, and clean and jerk. We didn't really work on back squat this month, so I can't say for sure on this. I only did front squat once and I PR'd but I wasn't a max effort. The last time I maxed I was at 92 lbs. I easily put up 97 lbs the other night so I can assume that I can do 5 more lbs on top of that.
4) I didn't have the opportunity to try Fran again. I hope to try it again this month. I did accomplish some pull ups on a smaller band this month so that's progress there.
5) CHECK! I Zumba'd before I left for China and we went to yoga also. We were gone for 2 of the Sundays - in Atlanta and the recent trip.
4 out of 5 - Not too shabby.
What to work for in March?
1) a strict pull up
2) 10 push ups strung together
3) A regular WOD a week or yoga + OLY
4) Average 7 hours of sleep per night
5) Return to paleo - another pretty strict month
I am having more trouble with adjusting my sleep patterns back to normal now that I'm home than I did in China. Both nights I've been back I've struggled to sleep before 2:30 am. Last night I ended up taking a tylenol pm around 3:30 am. I wanted to stay in bed this morning and skip yoga, but I decided I should go. I'm going to fight the urge to nap today and I will be taking another Tylenol pm tonight EARLY so I guarantee myself some zzzz's. I should cook today, go through all of my emails, and do laundry.
Yoga went okay today. I felt tired and tight, but that was expected. Mark and I signed up for next Sunday already. I like this yoga studio b/c its not so hot that I want to die. Today it was warm enough to feel good.