US Wellness

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Flu Bug

Skip this first paragraph if you aren't interested in the bug that's put Mark and I under the weather this week.  I started feeling squeamish last Thursday before I left China, but after I got home I rested all weekend and started the week feeling tired, but ok otherwise.  Mark also started feeling weird the night before he left China, the following Tuesday.  We both had similar symptoms - stomach cramps, headaches, and just a general blah feeling.  We chalked it up to the food/water in China getting to our systems.  Back in Chicago, my symptoms returned and Mark's have continued.  We wake up most days with headaches that come and go all day long and stomach cramps.  Now that we've been home a while, I think that maybe we've had a low grade flu or virus.

We didn't go to CF tonight, just to give ourselves another day of rest.

Food Log for 3/8:

  • Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs
  • Snack: blueberries
  • Lunch: Chipotle salad with chicken
  • Snack: mozzarella cheese 2 pcs
  • Dinner: hamburger with egg
Today wasn't the best food day for me.  Its evident that when we don't plan ahead its harder to be more strict with paleo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment