US Wellness

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hawks and Wednesday Workout

Here's a quick gym update for today.  Oh, but first, I gotta say that I made myself go this morning and now its out of the way and that's a good feeling!!  If I'm not going to be lifting with friends or people I'm comfortable with them being in the empty gym is the next best thing.  There were a few random people around this morning, but overall it was nice and quiet.  :)

Today's workout:

Snatch: 5 sets of 2 reps @ 80% of 1RM

  • I did a few warm ups at lower weights (22, 27, 30) and then my 5 sets of 2 at 35 lbs.  This movement really feels natural and normal again.  I paid close attention to my legs when I was standing up the lifts and there was no Dance Party USA today. :)  No videos today as I was in a hurry to get home for a work phone call.
Front Squat:  3 sets of 5 reps @ 75% of FS1RM
  • Since there is a lack of girl's bars I had to squat with a guy's.  Not that that's a big deal, but I forgot initially when I was calculating my weights so I really was lifting heavier than I thought. :)  I should probably do that every day.  I warmed up with low weights again (40, 50) and then I did 2 sets at 60 lbs and 1 set at 65 lbs.  
  • I don't know if I was tight or what, but these didn't feel so great.  I stretched some in the middle and the last set was not that bad.
RDLs:  4 sets of 8 reps at 60% of CJ1RM
  • Easy.  I did 40 lbs for these.  I'm sure I could have done more but since I'm not quite sure what my 1RM is...I didn't try to push it.  

GHD situps:  Ran out of time so I had to do regular ones at home.  


I went to the Hawk's home opener last night and it was amazing.  I missed hockey so much.  There was such a buzz of excitement in the air.  There's just something about being a hockey game that other sports can't replicate.  Don't get me wrong either - I love going to any sporting event, but hockey is something totally different.  So glad it's back!! :)  

Things got a little tense at the end, but Crawford was  a stud and now we're 3 - 0!! Yay!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment