I started my morning, probably later than I should have, at the gym. (Hey, at least I went.) The stolen workout for the day was:
- Hang Cleans: 6 sets x 3 reps @ 80% of 1RM C&J
- I did a few warm-up reps at 40lbs and then moved up to 60 lbs to do the sets. They were challenging but not that bad.
- Clean Pulls: 8 sets x 3 reps @ 110% of 1RM C&J
- I did half of the sets at 80 lbs, which went fine for the most part. I noticed that I couldn't stop rounding my back on the third rep of the sets so I dropped down for the last 4 sets to 70lbs. No problems after that.
- Jerks: 4 sets x 2 reps @ 80% of 1RM C&J
- I went a little conservatively on this and used 50 lbs. It's not that it feels heavy, but I'm just slow with this whole movement. I'm not sure if I don't trust my balance with my split and I'm afraid to really get under it or what...
After the gym I headed over to Trader Joe's to get a few groceries for the week. I've decided to do another month of paleo to see how things go in conjunction with the lifting. If I start losing a bunch of weight I will have to adjust and eat more calories + fat. Below is a picture I took over the weekend of my outfit and I'm thinking that I look at little thin. I'll keep you posted on #'s.