US Wellness

Monday, January 28, 2013

Reality Week

Happy Monday and happy first "real" week of working for me since before Christmas.  :)  I think I'm ready to start diving into this and being busy again.  I am extremely fortunate for the down time that I've been able to have, though.  I needed it.  

I started my morning, probably later than I should have, at the gym.  (Hey, at least I went.)  The stolen workout for the day was:  


  • Hang Cleans:  6 sets x 3 reps @ 80% of 1RM C&J
    • I did a few warm-up reps at 40lbs and then moved up to 60 lbs to do the sets.  They were challenging but not that bad.  
  • Clean Pulls:  8 sets x 3 reps @ 110% of 1RM C&J
    • I did half of the sets at 80 lbs, which went fine for the most part.  I noticed that I couldn't stop rounding my back on the third rep of the sets so I dropped down for the last 4 sets to 70lbs.  No problems after that.  
  • Jerks:  4 sets x 2 reps @ 80% of 1RM C&J
    • I went a little conservatively on this and used 50 lbs.  It's not that it feels heavy, but I'm just slow with this whole movement.  I'm not sure if I don't trust my balance with my split and I'm afraid to really get under it or what...  
After the gym I headed over to Trader Joe's to get a few groceries for the week.  I've decided to  do another month of paleo to see how things go in conjunction with the lifting.  If I start losing a bunch of weight I will have to adjust and eat more calories + fat.  Below is a picture I took over the weekend of my outfit and I'm thinking that I look at little thin.  I'll keep you posted on #'s.  


No comments:

Post a Comment