US Wellness

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hot Yoga

We started off our Sunday at Power Yoga Chicago in a bikram class.  Mark found a groupon a couple of weeks ago that got us 20 classes for $40.  If we go 4 times it pretty much pays for itself so there was no way that we could pass it up.  For those of you who aren't familiar with bikram its hot yoga.  The room today was heated to 90 degrees, which actually wasn't bad at all.  A couple of months ago I tried out Om on the Range and while I really liked it, the 110 degree bikram was a little overwhelming.  Class was 75 minutes and it went by pretty quickly.  I noticed that I've gotten a ton stronger from CF as the last class I was in I felt tired and had to take several breaks pretty early on in the class.  Today I felt awesome and totally in control of my body.  The squats we did were no problem for Mark or I.  I'm definitely excited to continue to go to class.  I may try and work it in a couple times a week for active rest.

I weighed myself this morning again and I was 142.8!  Can we say "Holy Shit?!"  I thought for sure I was going to be 144 because we'd eaten pizza last night.  Consider me thoroughly surprised and happy.  Prior to starting our challenge I would leave the house thinking that I looked okay and then I might catch a glimpse of myself in a store window and I'd be completely upset by how unflattering I thought I looked.  Today was different.  We went to the auto show and every time I saw myself I was shocked at how thin I was.  It was like me with a totally different body.  I'd been a thin person for most of my life so this feels much more normal to me.

After the auto show we went to Cafe Iberico to celebrate Valentine's Day early.  We ordered some stuffed tomatoes with goat cheese, ribeye, pork chops, octopus, chorizo, and some potatoes.  The food was pretty good.  I think I still prefer Cafe Ba Ba Reba, however.  We also killed off a half pitcher of white sangria.  Backing up to breakfast, we had 2 fried eggs and some beef bacon. 

Tomorrow I have to do the wod early because I won't be home until after 9 otherwise.  I hope its a good one.  I won't be able to make it to any OLY classes this week.  (Sorry Cori!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment