US Wellness

Monday, February 20, 2012

Thank you, Presidents

Having an extra day off is exactly what I needed.  I feel well rested today and ready to take on this week before the trip.  All of the laundry is put away.  (If you know me, this is a miracle!)  The dishes are done and I've even accomplished some work from home.  I started laying out a few outfits for HK - according to everything I've found online I should wear black, bring layers, and bring comfy shoes.  That seems pretty easy.

Before I blog about food and CF plans for the day I want to share a virtual post-it that I found that seems perfect.  Erinn, this is for you. :) 


I ate dinner with Mark's parents last night.  They made stuffed salmon, mashed potatoes, and spinach salad.  Not 100% paleo, but it was really good!!  I also splurged and had 3 peanut butter cookies Girl Scout cookies.  As far as other food yesterday, I had eggs and a sausage slider and some fruit (mango strawberry mix).  Earlier in the morning I had an apple and some almond butter.

The plan for tonight is to go to CF at 7 for Oly class.  I've missed going to that and CF in general, actually. I'll update this post later to include details from the workout.   

UPDATE: Food and the Oly Workout

Okay, so first, the wod.  Before I even get into numbers let me just say that tonight was a good night!! I had 2 PRs. :)

  • Snatch: 60%, 70%, 80%, 85% (all x's 2), 90% x 1, 95% x1 or 1RM x 1
    • I started a little lower than 60% because I had been off for a week and I wanted to make sure I was warmed up.  So my numbers were as follows:  10 kg, 14kg, 16kg, 18kg, 20kg, 23kg, 25kg, and *26kg*  (57.2 lbs)  
    • That's definitely a PR for me as I think my previous best was 23 kg.  
  • Front Squat:  60%, 70%, 80%, 85% (all times 2), 90% x 1, 95% x1 or 1RM x 1
    • I started higher than my 60% this time because doing the bar is easier than trying to load the lighter bar with more weight and doing more math. :)
    • Lifts = 35kg, 35 kg, 36kg, 39kg, 42 kg, *44kg*  (97 lbs)
    • My previous best was 92 lbs and I actually did that a while back before Xmas.  I didn't fail on this attempt and I put it up with only a little struggle so I know its not a 1RM.
  • Hang Clean:
    • By this time I was tired!
    • 60%, 70%, 75%, 80%, 85%, 80% (all x's 2)
    • Lifts = 25kg, 32kg, 34kg, 39kg, 40kg (I failed on attempt 1 and decided I was spent)
  • Snatch Pull - I didn't get to.
After I got home from the office, I snacked on a couple pieces of cheese and 2 grass fed hot dogs with some mustard.  Dinner may be a piece of salmon....or a hamburger....I haven't decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment