US Wellness

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Starved Rock: Day 1

I know that the first day of being at Starved Rock isn't over but I'll blog about food and my lack of physical activity. 

I'm glad that I thought ahead to bring lots of paleo-friendly snacks because there are zero options here if I was having to make decisions on the fly.  For breakfast this morning, I had a large cup of coffee with half and half (no heavy cream available) and a banana.  Mid morning I snacked on some almonds.  I thought I might be starving at lunch time, but my cravings were manageable.  For lunch they offered a buffet of cold cuts, salad, and etc.  I filled my plate with some roast beef, onion (with mustard) and some salad (with ranch).  I sampled a couple of other meats and I also had a TINY bit of potato salad. 

Dinner is going to be a bigger challenge as fried chicken is generally on the menu.  If I have that as my only option, then I'll remove the skin.  Surely there will be salad and veggies.  After dinner, I may have a couple of drinks, but I will definitely keep it light. 

I'm not even sure if there is a gym here....I would guess so?  Obviously I haven't gone to check it out.  I probably won't.  :P  I'll do a travel wod tomorrow at my parents' house. 

I forgot to mention the other day that Mark brought up the idea of adding a food review/critic section to our blog in which we document our trials and tribulations of eating paleo at restuarants.  I thought that sounded like a great idea so once we're back in the swing of things we'll start doing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment