US Wellness

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Weak Week?

At tonight's wod I felt very sluggish and my muscles were tight.  I'm sure there are plenty of factors that could have caused that - stress, lack of sleep, today's food choices, or maybe the change in diet period?  My body's not running on the same things it was 2 weeks ago so I suppose there is some adjustment period.  My performance was okay, but as always I'm hard on myself.  Hopefully my energy picks up again and I can really go to bed before midnight, like we always say we're going to!  [AKA - Can I stop looking at Pinterest long enough to go to bed?!]

Backsquat 5x5x5x5x5 (rest 3 mins):  I wanted to start with 65 lbs and maybe go up from there because it was a lot of sets.  However, one of the girls in our group grabbed a 45 lbs bar and made it 75 without me realizing it.  I did those fine ...thinking..."Wow, 65 feels heavier than I remember?"  Once I found out it was heavier, then I was mentally good to go. :)  

10 x 3 thrusters (rest 10 sec)
15 - 20 unbroken pull ups (rest 2 mins):  This part was just ok.  Thrusters were 35 (1 set) and then 40 lbs (2 sets) and the pullups, I used the lighter green band, but I got 10, 7, and 7.  My arms just didn't have it in them tonight to be unbroken.

50 sit ups:  Not too bad, my abs will feel it tomorrow

Because we were running around most of yesterday, my food wasn't as planned out today, but I think its good to have days like that where I have to make healthy choices with different options.  Breakfast was a scramble with green pepper, bacon, and sausage.  Whatever Mark makes is usually really good!  For lunch I had to run into the grocery store real quick and I got some beef jerky (not 100% paleo, but I needed something for the car ride back from Joliet), blue berries, and some chicken lunch meat.  When I got home from work I snacked on some almonds.  We're having hamburgers for dinner.  

Today was a pretty good day food wise. This morning I cooked Erica and I a mixed of sauteed peppers, bacon, and chicken sausage. For lunch I had the last bit of left overs from the chicken and salsa roja.  This afternoon I had more spicy buffalo jerky and some almonds. I wish the jerky were more paleo approved but it's so easy to grab in a pinch.


I ordered a ton of meat from US Wellness meats today too. Got a bunch of steaks and some breakfast sausage as well as some jerky and snacks that are paleo approved. Hopefully it ships soon and doesn't thaw between delivery and the time i get home!


The WOD tonight was a pretty good one in my opinion...


I hit 185, 205, 225, 245, and 255 on back squat.  They were tougher than I thought they should have been but at the same time I feel like it's not a bad session considering how hit and miss my training has been.  I am curious to see how well I am performing the low bar back squat when I go to Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength Cert next weekend.


The thruster's I did at 95#. They weren't great. I felt unstable and the top and the bottom of the movement but as far and moving the weight I felt good.  I could feel the squats from earlier but the movement felt good. My pull ups felt pretty pathetic tonight thought. I can feel all that I've lost in endurance and strength on those. The kip motion is herky-jerky again but I was trying butterfly kips here and there and felt all alright.  It'll come back but I'm impatient.


Dinner tonight I made us some buffalo/grass fed beef burgers with sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and onions (in coconut oil).  I served them in leaf lettuce with tomatoes.  It all turned out pretty damn tasty and I made enough for tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment