US Wellness

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Its January 21...let's try on a swimsuit?

That's right.  I did it.  I walked past the mirror this morning on the way to the bathroom and I thought, "Wow, you look really skinny today!"  After a couple of other trips back and forth across the apartment, I caught the mirror again and this time the idea hit me.  Let's put on your swimsuit and see how you feel.  Not only did I put one on, but one that I haven't worn in a couple of years because I felt uncomfortable in it.  Looking past my super pale winter skin, I was pretty happy.  I still have areas (read: hips) that bother me, but other ones that did (read: abs) have definitely changed.

I decided not to Crossfit today.  I slept through OLY class and then when I woke up I checked the WOD and I wasn't really excited about it.  I probably should have gone, but I felt like today might be a good opportunity to rest my shoulder again before next week. There are some travel WODs on the website and I will try one of those out later so its not a totally wasted day.  Also, I will have shoveling to do later so there's some activity for me.  I think I am going to check out Zumba tomorrow as I've really been missing it lately.

Maybe you're wondering if I weighed myself this morning?  Of course I did!  I was 145.2 and I wasn't disappointed by that at all.  I was only about a .5 lb heavier than I was earlier in the week and still down a lb from last weekend.  143 seems like a good goal to work for at this point.  I think that it might be just a little out of reach for the end of the month, but how can I complain?  I think in our first post I was 151 or 152?  You do the math.  :)

For breakfast this morning I made 2 scrambled eggs with a sausage patty.  I'll be making a trip to Whole Foods today to pick up some things and a bunch of stuff for the week dinners.  I found paleo recipes for sloppy joes and pork tacos.  I'm also going to do the deviled eggs.  I'll be sure to post how they turn out.



No comments:

Post a Comment