US Wellness

Monday, January 23, 2012

Fran

I was so excited when Fran came up as part of the workout tonight.  For those of you who don't know, while Crossfit is constantly varied, some wods are repeated to test your progress.  Most noteably, the "girls", who are named after hurricanes.  Fran is a benchmark workout that is so popular within the Crossfit community that it has its own tshirts.  ex - "For a good time, call Fran.  21 - 15 - 9"  Fran is notoriously hard, even though it might not seem that bad - 21 thrusters + 21 pull ups, 15 thrusters + 15 pull ups, 9 thrusters + 9 pull ups.  To do the workout Rx'd I'd have be to able to thrust 65 lbs - which I cannot.  My max push press is around the Rx weight, so I'll have to scale.  I'm guessing that I'll have to do it at around 30 lbs or so to keep my times in check.  Also, I'll have to scale my pull-ups as they recommend - probably ring rows.  I'll write more after CF.

Time lapse an hour....

All I have to say about tonight's CF performance is that I am so disappointed in myself.  I finished Fran in 5:58 but scaled.  ....and I was too conservative because I just didn't know what I could do.  My thrusters were at 40 lbs - which was better than expected.  The 21 were pretty easy, but I struggled through the 15 and I had to stop a couple of times and re-compose myself.  My nerves must have gotten the best of me for a while b/c I felt like I needed to puke while I was doing this part. However, my pull-ups were the part that I'm most disappointed with.  With me being in between 2 bands I had to go with the fatter one, which made them too easy.  I was so disappointed in myself because after I finished I wasn't even sweating.  :(  I did have the "Fram Flu" but it quickly subsided.  I will do this workout again....maybe on Sunday with Mark.  I hate to say this but I need him to give me some tough love and  I've got to force myself to do it harder.  I still am not sure what my limits are so that's making it tough to pick weights and bands. I'm going to have to have an "a-ha" moment where I learn that I can push through the workout harder than I think I can.  It feels horrible to think that I wasted a workout.  I will say that the squat part of the thrusters was easy! (Thanks, Cori)

Bottom line...I can do this better and harder.

One good thing about tonight is that I was partnered with a girl I'd never met before, Gina.  I really liked her and I hope I see her in class again.  She was a great cheering section.  I invited her to the Lulu thing this weekend, too. (Lululemon warehouse sale in Rosemont - be there or be square!) 

So food....

Breakfast: eggs and 2 pc of bacon
Lunch: bison burger with avocado + pineapple chunks
Snack: 2 "deviled eggs" + some strawberries and almond butter
Dinner: 2 sausage patties

No comments:

Post a Comment