US Wellness

Thursday, January 19, 2012

A quickie... Sort of...

Where did I leave off....

Ok, so my hydrostatic weighing BF% was 13.1%. I weighed in at 161 lbs for it. I wish I could remember what I weighed in at the last time I did this test. Last time I was told I was 9.2%. I'm guessing I weighed something around 155 at the time. Not sure what I'll do with this info but at least it's good to know for future reference.  I'm guessing if I would have weighed in 2 weeks ago when I was 171, that percentage would have been worse.

The test is always interesting... It's almost literally a controlled drowning. You have to exhale every bit of oxygen from your lungs then hold it for 4-5 seconds while the guy takes the reading. You have to fight every panic instinct in your body to pop out of the water (or to just gasp for breath underwater!).

I came back from UIC and went to chipotle for a carnitas salad w pico de gallo and guacamole.

As Erica said, we had the Bryan Adams concert that night so we went to flat top grill for dinner. I had a stir fry w filipino sausage, chicken, and shrimp. It was pretty good. I was craving a lil sweet so I added a bunch of pineapple to it.

Yesterday I missed breakfast but went to Mixed Greens for lunch. It was a salad shop with all sorts of options and very paleo friendly. I will def keep this one as a go to if I forget lunch again. DInner was an awesome grass fed flank steak with sauteed onions mushrooms and peppers and some avocado and broccoli.

Training went ok last night. I felt like I hadn't gotten enough sleep all week. And I probably haven't... So I wasn't really into the lifts nor was I very focused. So much so that I Clean and jerked the bar straight into my jaw!! I chipped a very small bit of tooth too! This is prob the 3rd time I've done this. I don't know how it happens, I just stop paying attention to my timing I guess.

Today I missed breakfast again but quickly cooked a couple grass fed polish sausage sliders for lunch. I had them with some guacamole, carrots, broccoli, and a hard boiled egg (i was making lunch from what I could!).

I taught jiu jitsu tonight. I went thru 3 different self defense positions in the beginner class and one guard pass in the regular class.  I noticed I am way more nervous in the beginner class. Perhaps it's because I have to break things down even smaller and I'm nervous I'll miss something... Either way I'm glad to get this experience teaching. It's tough to train at the level I want to right now, especially with teaching, but it's also a good experience to have for later.

Off to Atlanta tomorrow for the Starting Strength Certification. I'll blog about it in full when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment