US Wellness

Monday, January 30, 2012

True Lies

Okay, I admit it.  I lied yesterday.  I posted that crap about "I'm okay with my progress...blah blah blah blah" and really that's not 100% true.  I ALWAYS want to do better than I'm doing.  So why post that?  1) I don't want anyone to think I'm crazy and 2) maybe I'll start to believe it?  Truth is - I'm impatient and results obsessed.  An example:  Yesterday I bought 2 pair of booty shorts and I put them on.  Mark told me I looked great.  I knew in the mirror I looked pretty good and what came out of my mouth?  "I still need to lose weight in my upper thighs."  


But people, this is how I operate and its been going on this way for pretty much my entire life.  I am truly a product of my environment because at my house you are never allowed to make a mistake.  If you do (or maybe if its perceived that you do) you will hear about it for the rest of your life.  How to avoid that?  You're perfect 24/7.  My life's always been about being smarter, more diligent, more cautious and all around just being "better" than most people at most things because that's the only way to escape someone telling me that I wasn't good enough or just ignoring me completely.  Also, if there's something that I'm just not as good at I don't do it.  Enter CF ....which I am not the best at and here I am disappointed in myself because I didn't do better this month?  So sad, right?


In an attempt to be realistic about how things have been I'm going to force myself now to make a list of the things I CAN do after this month:
1) Even though they are still scaled push-ups, I CAN do many of them in a row before getting tired.  
2) I can do multiple pull-ups with a 1" band.
3) I can snatch at least 50 lbs.
4) I can overhead squat at least 57 lbs.
5) I can clean at least 70 lbs.
6) I can hurdle hop at least 29
7) I can go 30 days without eating fast food.
8) I can go 30 days without drinking soda.
9) I can go 30 days without cheating on paleo.
10) I can complete Fran in 5:58 
11) I can go to OLY class without Mark and be fine
12) I can lose at least 7 lbs in one month
13) I can quit being such a brat about how things are going and have fun....maybe?? :P


Switching gears a little I'll talk about my food today:
- Breakfast was an egg and sausage scramble thing
- Morning snack was some blueberries and raspberries
- Lunch was 2 pc of left over roast and an avocado
- Afternoon snack was a handful (and maybe a few extra) almonds
- PreCF snack was a banana
- PostCF snack was a pickle
- Dinner is TBA (Mark isn't home yet)


The OLY WOD was light tonight, but it went really, really well.

  • Hang Snatch:  50%, 60%, 65%, 70% (all x 3)
    • I usually start 3 with the 15lb bar, not the 35, but it was taken so all of my sets were with that bar.  Interestingly enough 35 lbs is the 75% of my 1RM so I did that for 3 sets and then moved up to 44lbs for my final set.  Clearly, 35lbs is not my 75% if I can do that many reps that easily.
  • Hang Clean: 50%, 60%, 65%, 70% (all x 3)
    • 50% = 20 kg, 60% = 25kg, 65% = 30 kg, 70% = 32kg
    • So, tonight I successfully cleaned about 10 kgs more than I've been doing and it was pretty easy.  
  • Front Squat: 50%, 60%, 65%, 70% (all x 3)
    • 50% = 30 kg, 60% = 32 kg, 65% = 35 kg, 70% = 40kg (88lbs) 
    • That consistent with what I did a couple of weeks ago when 40kg/88lbs was easy.
    • What's my 1RM?  I don't know!!
  • Hurdle Hops = 29"  
  • Sit ups = 80 (no prob)
Tomorrow is the last day of strict paleo for us.  I'm going to continue pretty strictly with things into February and see what else happens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment